Chic Curry and Bacon Naan with Egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2¼ cups plain flour
- ½ salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 or 4 rashers of bacon (fried and chopped to smaller pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted for brushing)
- Oil (for brushing the pan)
- . In a bowl, mix sugar, yeast and water. Give it 1-2 mins to ensure its active.
- Add in yogurt, salt and oil. Stir. Then mix in flour in 2 batches, for ease of stirring.
- Pour in all the bacon bits and slowly knead together. Adding a bit of flour as you go along if it’s too sticky. Knead till smooth.
- Cover with cloth or cling wrap for 45 mins to double.
- After that divide into 6 pcs. Roll out on a floured surface.
- Heat a cast iron skillet till hot. Brush some oil and lay the rolled out dough. See it slowly rise and big air pocket form. Flip, wait for it to puff up. Done. Brush with melted butter and garlic.
Note: the trick to avoid naan sticking on your board is to hold the dough on one hand and rolling pin on another. Lift up and move the dough as you roll.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.