- Pork belly
- Rock sugar
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Shaoxing wine
- Light soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Five spice powder
- Ground ginger
- Star anise
- Bay leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Blanch the pork belly for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over low heat, and add the rock sugar.
- Cook the sugar until it starts to melt and then add the garlic and shallots.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the blanched pork, shaoxing wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, five spice powder, ground ginger, star anise, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks. Fry for a few mins on medium heat.
- Add water and braise meat until tender.
- Serve with steamy brown rice and fried eggs.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.