- 1 whole chicken
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Ginger slices
- Sesame oil
- Light soy sauce
- Chicken powder
- Boiled a pot of water enough to cover the chicken. Add in 4-5 cloves crushed garlic, few slices ginger, chopped off chicken feet, 1 tbsp oil and 2 tsp salt.
- Reduce to Low heat after water is boiled. Dip in chicken in hot water and lift up again for 3-4 times to tighten the skin.
- Submerge the whole chicken in non boiling water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Off fire and let the remaining heat cook for 30mins for a 600-750g chicken.
- Remove from hot water, brush the chicken skin with sauce consist of 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tsp light soy sauce and 1/2 tsp chicken powder.
- Chop the chicken after it has cooled for at least 1/2 hr. In between brush the skin with sauce.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.