Salmon Wellington / Salmon en Croute
- 1 salmon fillet
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 garlic
- 1 cup of green peas
- 2-3 tbsp cream cheese
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- Parmigiana Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- Hollandaise sauce
- Cherry tomato
- 1 sheet of pastry puff
- 1 egg
- De-skin a fillet of salmon.
- Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper on both sides of the salmon. Set aside.
- In a pot, melt some butter.
- Add in one diced red onion and 2 garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in 1 cup of green peas and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in 2 to 3 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and a few tbsp of milk. Mix well. Add more milk if it’s too dry.
- Add in black pepper and grated parmigiana reggiano cheese or Parmesan cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry for about 5 min.
- Roll it out thinner and big enough to wrap the salmon and peas.
- Crack and beat an egg for egg wash.
- Lay the salmon on the puff pastry. Add the green peas on top of the salmon.
- Apply egg wash on the part of the puff pastry without the salmon.
- Fold up the top and bottom sides of the pastry.
- Apply egg wash to the two sides and fold the two sides up. Then flip over the parcel so that the seam side is at the bottom.
- Place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Use a knife to slice a few slits on top on the puff pastry.
- Apply egg wash on the surface.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220C no fan for 30 min.
- Once baked, cool down for a few minutes before cutting into halves. Serve with homemade hollandaise sauce and tomato.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.