Cantonese steamed Toman Fish
- 2 scallions
- 1″ of ginger
- 1 tbsp worth of cilantro
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- Toman fish
- Cut 2 scallions into 2-inch lengths (reserving the white parts to use later), slice up about 1″ of ginger, and roughly chop 1 tbsp worth of cilantro.
- Set aside scallion greens, half of the ginger, and all the cilantro in bowl A. Set aside scallion whites and the other half of the ginger in bowl B.
- Slice your fish into pieces and steam it.
- Remove the dish from your steamer. Add your garnishes from bowl A onto the fish.
- Heat a saucepan on medium high heat, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil, and ingredients from bowl B. Fry for 1 min until the sauce is fragrant, then add 1.5 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp water (careful, the oil might hiss at this point).
- Cook till the sauce is bubbling, then pour it over the fish + garnishes. Serve immediately!
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.