Tau Yew Bak (Braised Pork Belly Cubes in Dark Soy Sauce)
- 1tbsp vegetable boil
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 cloves of minced garlic
- 500g Pork Belly Cubes
- 1.5 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp of Cane sugar
- 200ml water
- 5 hard boil eggs
- 6 pieces of Tau Pok
- Heat vegetable oil. Saute garlic clove, smashed peppercorns and minced garlic till fragrant.
- Add Pork Belly cubes and fry till brown.
- Add in sweet soy sauce, dark soy sauce, soy sauce, cane sugar and water. Bring to boil.
- Turn heat to low and let it simmer for 20mins.
- After 20mins, add in tau pok and hard boiled eggs. Ensure they are placed below and mix well.
- *Optional: Set and keep warm for 6 hours for pork to absorb the flavour. Heat up again over stove before serving.
- Garnish with coriander and edible gold flakes
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.