- 18 pcs Vannamei Prawns
- 1 pack House of Yi (亿家香) Prawn Frying Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 TBS Cooking Sake
- Dashes of White Pepper
- 2 TBS Oil
- 100-120ml Water
- Oil for frying
- Peel off prawn head & shell, leaving the shell of tail portion intact. Devein with toothpick (optional). Rinse prawns & dab dry.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, cooking sake to prawns. Mix well & spread prawns on wire rack to drip off moisture for half an hour.
- Prepare batter by mixing 1 pack of frying powder with 100-120ml water, mix till incoporated. Add in 2 tablespoons of oil and mix until smooth.
- Heat adequate amount of cooking oil in a pot. Oil is ready when small amount of batter floats up immediately when dropped into oil.
- Hold each prawn by the tail and coat well with batter. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain off excess oil and serve with your preferred sauce.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.