Curry Beef Meatball Pasta Cups Bento
- 1 beaten egg (separated into 2 equal portions)
- 4 pieces of thawed beef meatballs
- 10g of chopped shallots
- 150ml of broth
- 10g of Japanese curry roux
- 60g of cooked pasta
- 30g (+ some extra) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh green onions
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- In a heated and oiled pan, cook 1 portion of the beaten egg on low heat for 2 minutes until lightly browned on one side. Then, flip the omelette and cook for another 30 seconds on the other side until lightly browned. Once done, remove the omelette, cut it into thin strips, and set them aside.
- In a heated and oiled pan, place the beef meatballs on it. Allow the meatballs to sizzle on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until cooked through on all sides. Once done, set the beef meatballs aside and pour away the excess oil in the pan. (It’s okay if it’s still greasy.)
- Lightly oil the same saucepan again. Add chopped shallots to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add broth and curry roux to the pan. Stir the mixture until the curry roux fully dissolves. Then, allow the curry sauce to bubble on low heat for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Once done, set the curry sauce aside.
- In a large bowl, cut cooked pasta into shorter strands using scissors.
- Add 30g of shredded cheese, fresh green onions, fresh parsley, pepper, salt, and 50ml of curry sauce to the large bowl. Mix the contents until well-combined. (pasta mix)
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of pasta mix into each ramekin, creating an indent at the center. Place a cooked meatball in the indent. Garnish with more shredded cheese over the meatball.
- Bake the Curry Meatball Pasta Cups in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes until browned around the edges.
- Allow the Pasta Cups to cool before transferring them into a box. Garnish the Cups with dried parsley. Fill the remaining area of the box with extra curry sauce and meatballs if any.
- Cover the lunchbox and your curry beef meatball pasta cups bento is ready to be enjoyed at school / work / wherever you’re going!
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.