'Loco Moco' Bento with Beef Patty
- 1 egg
- Thawed beef patty
- 1/2 tbsp of butter
- 10g of chopped shallots
- 30g of chopped shimeji mushrooms (other mushrooms work too!)
- 150ml of broth (preferably beef)
- 2 tsp black vinegar
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of corn flour
- 1 tbsp of water
- Pinch of tsp salt
- 60g of cooked white rice
- 1/2 tsp of parsley flakes
- In a heated and oiled saucepan, crack an egg. Allow the egg to cook on low heat for 1.5 minutes. Remove the sunny side-up from the saucepan and set it aside.
- Lightly oil the same saucepan and place the beef patty on it. Allow the beef patty to sizzle on each side on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Once done, set the beef patty aside and pour away the excess oil in the pan. (It’s okay if it’s still greasy.)
- Melt butter in the same saucepan.
- Then, add chopped shallots to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add mushrooms to the pan. Stir-fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes on medium heat until soft and saucy.
- After which, turn down the heat to low and add broth, black vinegar, ketchup, sugar and pepper to the pan. Stir gently until all ingredients are well-combined. Allow the sauce to bubble for 3 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, mix corn flour and water in a saucer. (thickening solution)
- After 3 minutes of bubbling, transfer the thickening solution and salt to the saucepan. Stir the sauce again and allow it to bubble for another minute. Then, set the ‘Loco Moco’ sauce aside.
- Fill half a box with cooked white rice. Place the sunny side-up on one extreme end of the box. Place the beef patty on the other end of the box. Drizzle ‘Loco Moco’ sauce over the beef patty and egg. Garish the rice with parsley flakes.
- Cover the lunchbox and your beef patty bento is ready to be enjoyed at school / work / wherever you’re going!
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.