Beef Ribeye Steak with Blistered Tomatoes
- 2x200g Angus Ribeye Steak
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat some oil on a pan/skillet and add in some shallots and garlic. Saute until fragant.
- Add in desired amount of cherry tomatoes and let them sit for about 2 minutes or until they blister.
- Stir them a round for a bit and turn of the heat. Then let them sit for about another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and herb.
- Remove steaks from package, rub with salt on both sides, leave in the fridge (covered) overnight.
- Remove steaks from fridge 30 mins before cooking, to let it come up to room temperature.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan on medium-high heat, wait till pan is hot, and add steak to the pan.
- Cook only one steak at a time to avoid overcrowding!
- Sear for approx 2 minutes on each side or until a crust appears. Increase heat if necessary to get a nice crust.
- Add more oil to the pan (if necessary) and blister tomatoes, approx 5 minutes.
- Serve steak and tomatoes with a pat of butter. Let steak rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting into it so that the juices have some time to get reabsorbed, and doesn’t leak out when cutting!
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.