- 1 serving rice (as recommended)
- 125g beef
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup dashi or beef stock
- Sliced scallions, shichimi togarashi for garnish
- Cook rice.
- When rice is almost done, start making sauce. Start by combining ingredients from sake to stock in a saucepan.
- Add your onions and cook cook over medium heat for about 5-10 mins, until onions become soft.
- Add beef, simmer on medium-low for at most 5 mins, until just cooked through.
- Pour the contents of saucepan over bowl of cooked rice, garnish.
- Serve and enjoy your Beef Gyudon!
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.