Japanese Beef Curry
Chan Kar Mun
- 500g of the Cubed Beef from TreeDots
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Cooking Oil
- Potatoes and/or sweet potatoes
- Water is about 1000ml
- Japanese curry cube (one to two cubes)
- Immerse shrimps in salt water for about half an hour to remove the frozen smell then wash it away.
- Slice tofu into roughly 1cm slices and put them on a plate in a single layer. Drain away excess water when the water accumulates after a while.
- Make a slit on the shrimps to remove the veins. Wash the shrimps and marinate with the above ingredients for about 15 mins.
- Crack 3 eggs and add water cum chicken soup in 1:1.5 ratio. If you use chicken soup, you need to add slightly more water. Follow the measurements above (Add less water to maintain the 1:1.5 ratio despite using chicken soup).
- Move the tofu piece by piece to the plate for steaming and leave the excess water behind. Spread out the tofu to occupy the plate evenly and leave only small spaces between them so they can act as support for the prawns later on.
- Place the steaming rack in a pot, add water and turn on the heat. When the water is boiling, place the plate with tofu on the rack, then pour the egg mixture into the plate.
- Cover with foil and steam on low heat for about 5 mins till the egg has semi-solidified (only the topmost part is a bit jiggly).
- Use chopsticks to add the prawns onto the egg. Be careful with the positioning as shifting will affect the appearance of the steamed egg.
- Steam for another 2 mins or until the prawns are cooked.
- Pour sauce onto steamed egg and add chopped spring onions.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.