Nyon Yit An
- Ginger (a few pieces)
- Lee Kum Kee steamed fish sauce
- Minced garlic (fried)
- Spring onion
- Coriander (to garnish)
- Slice a few pieces of ginger and put it on a metal plate.
- Rinse the cod and place it on top of the ginger.
- Put cold water and steaming rack in rice cooker and put the cod in. Turn to ‘cook’ mode and let it cook. You can also use a pot.
- About 5 mins after the water boils, open the cover and use a fork to poke the thickest part of the cod. The cod is cooked if you can easily poke through. Don’t need to worry about over-steaming as cod has a high level of (good) fats so the texture doesn’t become hard.
- Pour Lee Kum Kee steamed fish sauce over the cod and garnish with fried garlic and spring onions/coriander.
- Enjoy the tender cod while it’s warm.