Hotate Tamago Udon with soup
- 1 packet of udon (with seasoning – optional)
- 400ml Dashi broth
- 1 tsbp mirin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 130 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
- Cook the udon in boiling water for 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain well in cool water to stop the cooking process.
- For the noodle soup, combine the dashi, mirin, sea salt, soy sauce in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Beat the eggs in a measuring jug. Stir the soup in a circular motion and add the eggs slowly into the boiling soup using a swirling motion to make thin ribbons. Turn the heat off immediately once the egg ribbons float to the surface.
- Place the udon in a bowl, add the soup and boiled scallops. Garnish with spring onions and serve with shichimi chilli powder if desired.
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.