Air Fryer Potato Peels with Bacon & Cheese
– 10 minutes (40 minutes for baking)
- 4 baked potatoes
- Chopped and browned seitan bacon
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Olive oil
- Optional toppings like chives, jalapeños, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, or anything you like
Baking the potatoes
- Instead of using an oven to bake potatoes, using an air fryer takes a fraction of the time baking. It also keeps the outside skin crispy while the inside remains soft and fluffy.
- Wash the potatoes and dry them thoroughly.
- In a bowl, drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. With your hands, rub oil onto the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a generous helping of salt and black pepper over the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes into the air fryer. Make sure to keep them evenly spaced apart.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and 35 minutes.
- Afterward, poke the potatoes with a fork. Unless the fork slides effortlessly in and out, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Times will vary depending on the air fryer model. The average cooking time for the potatoes to come out perfect would be about 40 minutes.
Making the air fryer potato peels
- Cut the baked potatoes in half. Cutting it lengthwise would be ideal to achieve longer portions.
- Scoop out a bit of the potato flesh. Be careful not to scoop it all out since you would want to eat them.
- Place the potatoes with their skins facing down to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. If you need to pre-heat the oven, make sure to do it first.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese and seitan bacon on the inside of the potatoes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the skins from the air fryer. Top with sour cream and diced green onions. Feel free to sprinkle additional toppings according to your taste.